Who you need to call for...
After hours road emergencies: call Sonitrol at 360-737-0592
During regular working hours: call 360-817-1565 for the following problems:
- Urgent situations, ie., stop sign down, road hazard, major water leak, etc...
- Your street light is out or going on and off. Street lights that are a hazard should be reported by calling us immediately. An orange ribbon tied around the pole designates it as a pole that Clark Public Utilities will be working on. In this case it may take a month or so.
- Non-urgent street repair, or an animal carcass that needs to be removed from the street.
- Non-emergency problems with the storm sewer in your street.
- Sweeping: Please note the City of Camas streets are swept in accordance with the operations and maintenance of stormwater guidelines. Our goal is to sweep all public city streets approximately nine times a year. Due to environmental factors such as rain, ice, and leaves on the road, sweeping times can vary significantly.
The Street Department performs the following services:
- Maintenance, seal coating, patching, and grading of streets
- Lighting of roads and intersections
- Snow and ice control
- Sweeping of streets
- Maintenance of traffic signals
Installation and maintenance of street signs
General Street Maintenance Information and Reporting
Department Goals include the following:
- Provide for the safe movement of drivers, cyclists and pedestrians within our community.
- Maintain the roadways, bike paths and sidewalks in a manner which preserves the City's long term investment, provides the optimum mobility, and optimum safety.
- Promote water quality, minimize runoff of pollutants into fish bearing waterways, sweep all streets once per month (downtown mall once per week), and clean out all catch basins a minimum of once per year.
- Maintain street surfaces by performing preventative maintenance including crack sealing, chip sealing, slurry sealing, and hot mix asphalt.
Tubular Doom Sock