Applications must be received by 5pm, Thursday, January 31
BUILDING INSPECTOR I
Starting Salary: $4882-5364/monthly
The City of Camas is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Building Inspector. The individual selected for this position will conduct building inspections during all phases of construction, alteration and repair; to enforce compliance with applicable Federal, State and local building, mechanical, plumbing, energy, indoor air quality, and accessibility codes, regulations and ordinances; to ensure the provision of safe structures for building occupancy; and to perform a variety of technical duties relative to assigned areas of responsibility, and respond to requests and inquiries from the general public regarding building codes. The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. The position is represented by CPEA bargaining unit. This position is eligible for a full benefits package.
The candidate for this position shall have:
• Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college level course work in building construction, engineering or a related field.
• Two years of increasingly responsible construction experience. Building inspection or code enforcement experience is highly desirable.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid ICC Certificate as a Building Inspector within six months of hire.
• Possession of an appropriate, valid driver’s license.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Experience working with electronic plan submittals highly desirable.
In addition to the job description requirements, the preferred candidate will possess the following attributes: positive attitude, ability to take initiative, excellent customer service skills, good verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills, demonstrated organizational and decision making skills, ability to work with all sectors of the community and flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed.
Candidates must submit a City application to be considered for the position. Cover letters, resumes and other application materials may be submitted with the application.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job. The City of Camas is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted January 3, 2019