UPDATED TUES., FEB 12, 9:50 AM >> All Camas roads are now open.
UPDATED TUES., FEB 12, 9:00 AM – With the rain coming down, everything is looking better! Crews are still seeing areas of ice and slush in some neighborhoods, and Dahlia, Lacamas Lane, Forest Home, and 23rd remain closed. We're hopeful things will shape up in a few hours.
UPDATED MON., FEB. 11, 11:15 AM >> Dallas and Division now open.
UPDATED MON., FEB. 11, 9:30 AM:
- SNOW/ICE REMOVAL – Our teams continue to plow this morning, with many areas still affected by the snow and ice. All standard closures are still in place. See list below*
- GARBAGE/YARD DEBRIS/RECYCLING – Pick-up crews from City of Camas and Waste Connections of Washington, Inc. plan to gather Monday garbage, recycling, and yard debris in the city’s urban areas. For snowier areas, crews will make attempts later in the day, when the predicted rain is expected to help with melting. If by chance we miss your Monday garbage pick-up, please leave it out for collection on Tuesday.
- DRAINS – As the snow and ice melt, we anticipate plugged catch basins (drains) around town. Please direct your service requests to 360-817-1563 during regular business hours or use the CamasConnect app (free, for iOS & Android) any time. On the app, Click Make a Service Request > Public Works Department > Public Works -- STORM EVENT REPORTING.
UPDATED SUN., FEB. 10, 10:15 AM – Good morning, Camas! It's Sunday and we still have two snow & ice removal teams going strong. All snow routes remain closed.
UPDATED SAT., FEB. 9, 8:30 AM – A while ago, our second shift started up after plowing all night. We have 8” -12” throughout the City, with the east wind causing deeper drifts. Abandoned cars are causing difficulties for the plow trucks to get around in some areas. Standard closures are likely to remain for some time.
*Standard snow routes are closed:
• NW 23rd Avenue, from NW Douglas Loop to NW Hood Street
• NW Forest Home Road from NW 10th Avenue to NW Astor Street
• Division Street from NE 6th Avenue to NE 11th Avenue
• NE Dallas Street from NE 6th Avenue to NE 14th Avenue
• NW Dahlia Drive from NW 31st Avenue to NW 34th Circle
• NW Lacamas Lane from NW Norwood Street to NW Lake Road
For a map, see http://bit.ly/CamasSnowRemoval —
> Red indicates priority 1
> Green indicates priority 2
> Yellow indicates priority 3
> Blue indicates road closures
For more info on the City's snow and ice response, visit http://bit.ly/CamasSnowIcePolicy
POSTED FRI., FEB. 8
Ready for more winter weather? We are! Our snow & ice removal team and equipment are ready to go, and we're geared up to get to your garbage as soon as possible. Should changes in passage or pickups occur, we'll let you know right away!
❄️ Helpful Hint: Prolonged freezing temperatures can cause pipes to freeze too. Consider leaving a faucet dripping somewhere in the house to make sure yours don't. For more hints, check out our "Winterizing Your Pipes" tip sheet here: http://bit.ly/CamasWinterizingTips ❄️
> For the latest news & updates, download the free CamasConnect app for iOS and android, or check in at www.cityofcamas.us
> For garbage service, call City of Camas Finance at 360.834.2462
> For recycling & yard debris service, call Waste Connections of Washington, Inc. at 360.892.5370